Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dreams, and Goals, and Resolutions, Oh My!

Just a short post... Everyone is still so fresh and resolution-y right now... I just want to ask... How will this year be different?? If I start with myself, and move out in faith, how will my 2010 be different and better than the year before?

Makes me think of one of my all time favorite quotations:
"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands,
and then work outward from there."
— Robert M. Pirsig

In what ways do you hope to grow and change as a person of faith in the next year? How do you resolve to start that work in your own heart, head and hands?

In what ways do you want to see our church community do the same?
How do you begin to move outward with your faith?

What do you resolve to do differently, better or more of in your faith year?
How can we improve the world by improving on ourselves?

These are to me, frighteningly elementary, and simultaneously grandiose questions.
I'm looking forward to your answers and thoughts, dreams and hopes.

No comments: